Adding, editing, or
deleting participants in Worksite Setup
Note: To complete these procedures, you must be
assigned a role having the necessary permissions. To determine your
role, follow the directions in Participant roles. For a basic understanding of roles and
permissions, see Permissions and roles: Overview.
From Worksite Setup in My Workspace, you can add, edit,
or delete your site's participants. To do so, from the menubar in My
Worksite Setup, and then check the box next
to the site in which you wish to add, edit, or delete participants.
Note: Although you can check multiple boxes, you can
only edit information about one site at a time.
Edit, and then follow the appropriate steps
- For participants with official
usernames, under "Other Official Participants", type the participant's
username. If you wish to add more than one participant, enter each
username on a separate line.
For participants without official
usernames, under "Non-official Participants", enter their email
addresses, one per line.
- Under "Participant Roles", choose whether to give all your newly
added participants the same role or different roles. For more
information about roles, see Participant roles. Click
- In the next window, if you chose to give all your participants the
same role, select the appropriate role to assign everyone. If you
chose to give each participant a different role, use the drop-down
list next to each username to choose the appropriate role. Click
- On the next page, you have the option to automatically send email
to the new participants to notify them of the site's availability.
Select the appropriate radio button, and then click
- In the participant list, use the "Role" drop-down list to change a
- Use the "Status" drop-down list to activate or de-activate a
participant. An inactive student remains a member of but no longer has
access to the site. (You can
use this to exclude students from a site who would otherwise have
access through an associated classlist, and therefore cannot be
- In the participant list, under "Remove", check the box(es) next to
the participant(s) you would like to delete.